Still occupied by the Macpherson-Grants but is open from Easter to September
Substantial L Plan tower then renovated in the victorian style into something more Baronial and comfortable. Still inhabited by the original family which makes it special.
The castle was probably built around 1545 which is marked on a door lintel, but was substantially renovated abfter being sacked by Montrose in 1645. Over the following centuries the owners continued to add rooms and wings to the house.
The castle was also the site for the development of the Aberdeen Angus cows after 1878.
There is also accommodation around the estate. Call for details