"Close to sandy beaches and picturesque villages – with golf at St Andrews nearby . . ."
Ideal for family gatherings, special occasions, select weddings or corporate events, Pitcairlie House can accommodate up to 21 guests in five delightful properties (all graded Visit Scotland ‘4 Star’ and awarded the Green Tourism Silver Award) - each apartment being entirely individual and self-contained. All five splendid holiday properties enjoy shared use of a superb indoor heated swimming pool and sauna - they all have an internal access to the swimming pool (except Kudu UED, reached along the verandah).
They are set in a lovely rural situation, 3 miles south of Newburgh on the Firth of Tay, and 18 miles from Perth, in a 120-acre wildlife haven of woods, streams and rolling hills. Eland (UEB, sleeps 6), Sable (UEC, sleeps 4), Kudu (UED, sleeps 4), The Garden Apartment (UEE, sleeps 3) have been formed within a large Victorian wing of the owners’ 16th-century country mansion, while the Lodge (SBK, sleeps 4) is set on the edge of woodland by the end of the drive. Just 2 miles away is the attractive village of Auchtermuchty, while medieval Falkland with its historic palace is only 2 miles farther on. Both villages offer a selection of shops, inns and restaurants. Shops 2 miles.
- Bed linen and towels inc
- Shared use of laundry room with washer/dryer
- Tel by meter reading
- Shared grounds of 120 acres
- Garden furniture
- Shared BBQ
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool (23ft x 12ft) and sauna available all year round
- Natural spring water supply
- Hamper by arr
- NB: Small fenced lake
SUPERB RECREATION ACTIVITIES
- Superb indoor heated swimming pool (23ft x 12ft) and sauna (open year round, winter 9am - 7pm, summer 8am - 9pm).
- Grounds of 120 acres, comprising woods, parklands, pastures, stream and ornamental lake with maintained pathways around the estate.
- Children’s play area.
- Nearby Adventure Recreation Centres offering quad-biking, off-road 4 x 4 driving, clay pigeon shooting and archery. For golfers, there are 44 courses in the Kingdom of Fife, offering a test for all abilities. St Andrews being only 40 minutes’ drive away, while Ladybank is just 10 minutes away.
Charming, cosy two-storey apartment meets the Visit Scotland ‘4 Star’ standard, and features wrought iron spiral staircase to pretty first floor bedrooms. Private verandah area with furniture, looking out to the grounds and woodland of Pitmedden Forest beyond. Six steps up to verandah and entrance. Cosy sitting/dining room with gas fire and small, well-equipped, modern fitted kitchen area. Spiral open-tread stairs to first floor: Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and toilet. Twin bedroom. Shower room with toilet.
- Elec and gas CH inc
- TV (Freeview)
- Wi-fi foc
Customer Reviews of Kudu Apartment, Nr Auchtermuchty, Fife - Sleeps 4
1st comment: We were greeted when we arrived and shown around the accommodation and available amenities. The heated pool and sauna were lovely and the house was well furnished and extremely clean. Feb 07.
2nd comment: Fantastic environment for our new grandson only 8 weeks old and on his first swing. Irony of booking was that my daughter in law is from South Africa and the accommodation was so appropriate. Oct 2007.