The cottage is perfect for Autumn and Winter breaks too. It has all the modern amenities including Wi Fi to ensure a hassle free stay. During autumn and winter you will be rewarded with some of the most beautiful sunsets and starry night skies you could imagine, and some the most spectacular Auroraboralis displays to be seen anywhere in the British Isles.The ground floor lounge has windows on three sides and offers magnificent panoramic views over the beach and sea which is home to a large population of Grey Seals.
· Occupancy 4 with an optional camp bed for a 5th person if required.
· 1st floor - 1 x double room with King size bed and 1 x twin room.
· Ground floor - spare room with good quality camp bed (small additional charge of £20 per week).
· Bed linen and towels provided.
· Childs cot available on request.
· Washing machine, Tumble drier, iron/ironing board.
· Colour TV with built in DVD player, Freesat, CD player, ipod docking station.
· Good selection of DVD's, books and magazines.
· Free Wifi Broadband access.
· Gas hob, electric oven, Microwave, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster, Multi fuel stove.
· Electricity provided and a log fire starter pack.
· Electric storage heating, underfloor heating and air to air heat pump for instant heat.
· Sitting area to the side and front with garden furniture.
· Ample parking.
· The Cottage is No-Smoking.
Ground floor accommodation:
The West facing lounge situated at the front of the property has windows on three sides and offers magnificent panoramic views over the beach and sea which is home to a large population of Grey Seals. They can be seen playing in the water almost every day and often come in close to the shore to investigate the sighting of a human or dog on the beach. You can also spot many different kinds of birds from here and there are binoculars provided for your use during your stay. You might even spot one of the local Otters. The lounge is a quiet peaceful room with a comfortable leather suite and high ceiling with exposed wooden beams making it the perfect retreat. Roller blinds fitted for privacy and much needed shade on those sunny mornings and evenings.
In the summer you can enjoy beautiful sunsets over the hills behind the water or climb the hill behind the house and watch the sun sink slowly out of sight. There is a TV, CD player and a selection of books and maps about Shetlands history and various walks.
The well appointed kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need for your stay. This room has a real 'Crofters Kitchen' feel to it with exposed wooden ceiling beams and a multi fuel Stove which is a great source of heat.
Bathroom with shower over bath.
The tiled floors in the bathroom, hallway and living room all boast underfloor heating – particularly attractive for those cold winter mornings. The bathroom has a heated towel rail.
A door leads from the rear of the kitchen to a utility room which is fully equipped with a washing machine, tumble dryer, children’s fishing nets, buckets and spades, couple of fishing rods etc. Outside there is a picnic table for those sunny days !
Spare room with optional camp bed.
First floor accommodation:
The two bedrooms are simple, laid out with pine furniture on wooden floors. The master bedroom has a King size bed. A hair drier has been left in this room for your use. Both rooms have Velux windows facing West - perfect for photographing wildlife. The twin room has an additional small East facing window - a lovely feature and a real stimulation for kids imaginations.