Here is our selection of Hotels, Hostels, Guesthouses and Apartments in Tain. Tain is a royal burgh and post town in the committee area of Ross and Cromarty, in the Highland area of Scotland. It is on the A9 road which links the south of Scotland with the far north (Caithness).
The Tain Tolbooth and St Duthus Collegiate Church are two notable buildings in the town. The town also boasts a museum, and the Glenmorangie Distillery.
In the vicinity of the town there are five important castles. Those include:
1) Carbisdale Castle, built for the Dowager Duchess of Sutherland and now a youth hostel.
2) Skibo Castle, once the home of the industrialist Andrew Carnegie and now an exclusive hotel.
3) Dunrobin Castle, ancestral seat of the Duke of Sutherland (castle and gardens open to the public)
4) Balnagown Castle, ancestral seat of the Clan Ross, restored and owned by Mohammed Al Fayed
5) and Ballone Castle, recently restored by the owners of a local crafts business.
Now check for our list of hotels in Tain to compare the rates and check for availability. You can then make an online booking of the right accommodation chosen from our selection.