See how sea played a major role in the history, wealth and development of Peterhead. Find out how people lived at sea, detailed models in one of Aberdeenshire's oldest museums.
- Indoor, Free, Open All Year
Bring the family here to learn all about Peterhead's maritimes history. The collections cover such interesting subjects as whaling and arctic animals including polar bears and has a collection of Inuit artefacts and a large collection of old coins. They also hold temporary exhibitions and a regular changing programme of events that the family can enjoy.
See the in depth collection of Peterhead's maritime history in this facinating setting. Models are use to show the development of Peterhead fishing boats, industry and also learn about:
- Peterhead's history
- A really in depth and significant collection of Inuit Artifacts
- Arctic animals, including a Polar Bear
- The largest coin collections in this part of the world
- Temporary exhibitions with regularly changing program of events in Arbuthnot Gallery
- A great collection of photos of Peterhead and the surrounding area.
A range of exhibitions and photograph kits are available for loan.
Nearby Places in Guide: Peterhead | Aberdeen | Fraserburgh | Newburgh | Turriff | Banff and Macduff | Dufftown | Keith | Inverurie | Huntly | Elgin