New Cottage in Fortingall, Glen Lyon - Sleeps 5
A delightful semi-detached cottage in the village of Fortingall and within walking distance of the famous Fortingall Yew Tree and the shores of Loch Tay. Sleeps 5 in great and stylish comfort! Wifi Yes. 2 Dogs welcome.
A delightful semi-detached cottage in the Highland Perthshire village of Fortingall and within walking distance of the famous Fortingall Yew Tree and the shores of Loch Tay. Sitting at the foot of Glen Lyon, you are prfectly located for fantastic walking. Both Kenmore and Aberfeldy have shopping and restaurants.
Discover this delightful semi-detached holiday cottage in the small picturesque conservation village of Fortingall; built in the late 1800 the cottage and the village were designed by the architect James M MacLaren in an arts and craft style.
Shop 6 miles, pub and restaurant 200 yards.
Ground Floor: 1 step to entrance.
- Living room: With open fire, 36" Smart TV and DVD player.
- Dining room.
- Kitchen: With electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine.
- Bathroom: With shower over bath, and toilet.
Narrow, steep stairs to First Floor:
- Bedroom 1: With super kingsize bed.
- Bedroom 2: With 3 single beds.
- Electric central heating (underfloor on ground floor), electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included.
- Initial logs for open fire included.
- Small enclosed garden with sitting-out area and garden furniture.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- No smoking.
- Please note: There is 1 step in the garden.
Around and About
From your front door you can explore the historic village which has the famous Fortingall Yew Tree which is reputed to be the oldest living thing in Europe. There are some excellent walking routes nearby and for the more adventurous the Munros Mountains provide the perfect environment in which to rock climb or scramble. Water sports are available on Lochs Tay, Rannoch and Tummel and for golfers there is an excellent selection of local courses at Kenmore, Aberfeldy and Pitlochry, with the championship courses over the Sma Glen at Gleneagles. Brown trout and salmon fishing is available on the rivers Lyon, Tay, Dochart and Tummel, and for country sport enthusiasts, there is a variety of stalking and shooting readily available on local estates. After a day exploring the area you can relax in the garden with a glass of wine and enjoy the spectacular views, and on cooler days curl up with a book in front of the cosy open fire.
Nearest Places in our Guide
More Property Details
Property Reference: UK5091
HMG Ref: 2139
Property Type: Cottage
Number of Bedrooms: 2
Sleeps Suit: 5
Features: Open Fire
Facilities: TV, Wifi, Washing Machine
Location Features: Rural
Parking: For 2 Cars