The original Comy castle was demolished around 1722 after a notable history with many royal visitors. It was replaced in 1750s by a John Adma house which still stands. It is an arts centre
This was once the site of a Comyn Castle visited by Edward Longshanks after the defeat of Wallace. After passing through various hands, it was demolisted and replaced by a handsome John Adam House. Today it is a local arts centre in the middle of Banff.