2 day tour from Edinburgh that visits Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, Loch Ness, Culloden & Highland Perthshire with an overnight stay in Inverness. Tour runs every Monday and Thursday all year.
From Edinburgh we head west to pick up our Glasgow passengers* (1) , first stopping at the pretty conservation village of Luss, on the ‘Bonny Bonny Banks’ of Loch Lomond. (2) We descend into the dramatic expanse of Rannoch Moor,(3) passing the Black Mount, to dramatic Glencoe, (4) site of the 1692 massacre of the MacDonald Clan.
Here we pause for a leisurely walk to soak in the atmosphere of this haunting glen, before continuing north towards Fort William and Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis. (5)
After lunch in the Fort William area, your two day tour from Edinburgh traces the 24 mile shoreline of Loch Ness, passing Urquhart Castle, (6) then on to Inverness, capital of the Highlands, where we arrive early evening.
Overnight stay in Inverness.
Enjoy a flexible itinerary today - you may choose to visit the fascinating Culloden Battlefield, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites were defeated by the Duke of Cumberland, and glimpse the ancient stones of the Neolithic Clava Cairns, (7)before the opportunity for a visit and whisky tasting at Tomatin Distillery. (8)
After a lunch stop in the ski resort area of Aviemore we move south for a visit to the old military garrison of Ruthven Barracks, built by General Wade. (9) We continue our return journey via The Hermitage, (A) stopping for a gentle forest walk in idyllic Scottish woodland, before we cross the Forth Bridges, (B) back to Edinburgh.
Please note: On tours where the coach has no pick- ups from Glasgow, the route on Day 1 will travel via Stirling.
Luggage is restricted to one piece per person.
Rates & Dates
|Nov, Dec 2018, Jan & Feb 2019
|April - May & October 2019, March 2020
|June - September 2019 + Peak
|November 2019 - March 2020
Certain Dates are designated peak periods and operate High season rates as below:
- Easter - 13 April - 27 April 2019
- Spring Bank Holiday: 24 - 31 May 2019
- Christmas / New Year: 15 Dec 2019 - 4 January 2020
Tickets are priced per person.
Discounted price is available to seniors (60+), students (please bring your student card) and children aged 5 to 16.
Rates across the year
- Prices are quoted per person per tour
- PLEASE NOTE: Prices shown are for transport and driver-guide only.
- Reduced Discount prices are offered to persons over the age of 60, students and children under the age of 16. Please note we cannot carry children under 5 years old on any tour.
- This tour only operates on certain days of the week
- Any booking is subject to our Booking Terms.
- Luggage is restricted to one piece per person.
- *On tours where the coach has no pick ups from Glasgow, the route on Day 1 will travel via Stirling.
Click on the "Book Now" button at the top to check availability and make your reservation with Timberbush Tours. Enter your dates and ticket requirements and complete the details for immediate booking.