Homestone Farm near Campbeltown in Kintyre - Sleeps 6
Large, six bedroom farmhouse on working farm close to Campbeltown on Mull of Kintyre in Scotland is able to sleep up to 11 people.
Positioned on the Kintyre Peninsula, this property offers panoramic countryside views and period accommodation. With three double bedrooms with one en-suite, two twin rooms, one of which is also en-suite, and a single, this is an excellent place for a large family reunion, a group holiday with friends or a small tour group.
The rest of this impressive house is composed of a fitted kitchen with dining area, a separate dining room with flame effect electric fire, a lounge with wood-burning stove and a sunny conservatory.
Outside, guests can enjoy the use of a lawned garden and off-road parking for five cars. Even two well-behaved dogs are welcome, making this a welcoming and friendly property at any time of the year.
Set over three floors.
- Six bedrooms:
- 1 x double,
- 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin & WC,
- 1 x single,
- 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin & WC,
- 1 x 2nd floor twin.
- Ground floor shower room with shower, basin & WC.
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC.
- Fitted kitchen with dining area.
- Dining room (seats 10) with flame-effect electric fire.
- Sitting room (seats 8) with woodburner.
- Convector heaters with woodburner in sitting room & electric fire in dining room.
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine,
- TV, DVD, radio/CD. Selection of books/games/DVDs.
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent.
- Bed linen & towels inc. rent.
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request.
- Off road parking for 5 cars.
- Lawned rear garden with furniture.
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome.
- No broadband
- Sorry, no smoking.
- Shop & pub 8 miles.
Nearest Places in our Guide
Customer Reviews of Homestone Farm near Campbeltown in Kintyre - Sleeps 6
The house was huge, there was plenty of space for us all. There was an ample supply of logs for the fire, and the sitting room was really cosy when the fire was lit. Nice to wake up to the gentle sound of the cows in the barn. The owners and their two delightful collies were friendly and were particularly kind in letting my teenage daughter help groom and have a little (led) ride on Dusty, it was the highlight of her holiday as it is not something she would usually get the opportunity to do. The house was well situated with lovely walks for the dogs on the doorstep and the beach walks are only a short drive away. There is lots to do and loads of wildlife to see, plenty of buzzards and deer. We were over the moon to see two Golden Eagles, and the seals in the sea at Southend were close enough to almost touch!
Mrs Scadding, - June 2015
Homestone Farm is a lovely, big house in a lovely spot. The owners are really friendly too. We would love to go back in the summer.
Mr Booth, - January 2016
More Property Details
Property Reference: 3729
HMG Ref: 183
Property Type: Converted Farm/Industrial
Number of Bedrooms: 6
Sleeps Suit: 11
Facilities: TV, Washing Machine
Location Features: Rural Coastal/Beach Working Farm
Week rental Starts: Saturday
Parking: For 3 Cars