Clonbeith Castle located 3 miles NE of Kilwinning, on minor road south of the B778, north of the Lugton Water. The remains of Clonbeith castle are surrounded by the buildings of a working dairy farm.
Clonbeith was a property of the Cunningham family. Cunningham of Clonbeith murdered the Montgomery 4th Earl of Eglinton in 1596 during a feud. He was pursued and cut to pieces. The property was sold to the Montgomery Earl of Eglinton in 1717.
Little remains of the 16th century tower house of Clonbeith. The walls rise to just above head height or to the level of where the first floor started. An entrance doorway with decorative carving remains in the centre of the front wall. Above the door the semi-circular corbelling, that supported a turnpike stair, protrudes. The corbels are dated 1607.
Internals There is little remaining evidence of internal features.