Once a great Douglas Castle and now only recorded on maps. Near Hopetoun House.
A once impressive castle in a magnificent position overlooking the Forth near Linlithgow. It was held by the Douglas until their forfeiture in 1455 when it was beseiged and the garrison take and largely executed.
It's location was probably strategic as Abercorn seemed to be a fleet anchorage of some sort. Edward 1 had expected his fleet to be there to provision his army. (some more detail)